Joseph Mallord William Turner
The road between Caserta and the Aqueduct
- Watercolour with traces of pencil
- 5 ⅞ × 9 ⅛ inches · 150 × 232 mm
- Painted circa 1794-5
- The Ven. Archdeacon Charles Burney by 1887, (d.1907);
- Misses M. and J. Burney, by descent;
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, 1991;
- Private collection, acquired from the above, to 2014.
- London, Royal Academy, Works by the Old Masters, Winter 1887, (ex-catalogue);
- London, Agnew’s, 118th Annual Exhibition of English Watercolours and Drawings, 1991, no. 7, repr.;
- Oxford, Ashmolean Museum, For the Love of Drawing: Drawings from an Oxfordshire Private Collection, 2002, no.37.
Private collection, USA