Joseph Michael Gandy
Study of an architrave to a door at Albano supposed to belong to Pompey’s Palace
- Pencil, pen and grey ink and grey and brown wash,
watermark PIETRO/ MILANO/ FABRIANO
- 14 ⅝ × 10 inches · 372 × 254 mm
- Inscribed lower centre: 'Architrave to a Door found at Albano supposed to/ belong to Pompey's Palace/ ¼ size'
- Anonymous sale; Sotheby's, New York, 1st October 1994, lot 204;
- Private collection to 2016.
- J. Summerson, Heavenly Mansions, New York, 1996, pp. 133-134.
Private collection, UK