Lady Edward Bentinck, née Elizabeth Cumberland
- Oil on canvas
- 30 × 25 inches · 760 × 635 mm
- In the original neo-classical frame
- Painted for Richard Cumberland, father of the sitter;
- Lord Edward Charles Cavendish-Bentinck, husband of the sitter;
- The Ven. William Bentinck, rector of the parish of Sigglesthorne and Archdeacon of Westminster, son of the sitter, 1868;
- Mrs Thomas Egerton;
- Possibly acquired by Sir Charles Mills, Bt. (1792-1872) or his son Charles, 1st Lord Hillingdon (1830-1898), Camelford House, London, and Wildernesse Park, Kent;
- Charles Henry Mills, 1st Baron Hillingdon, by 1891;
- Charles Hedworth Mills, 4th Baron Hillingdon, 1972;
- Leger Galleries;
- Harry Duckworth, acquired from the above in 1973;
- Lillian Duckworth, widow of the above;
- Denise le Boudec, daughter of the above;
- And by descent, 2011.
- London, British Institution, 1856, no. 132;
- London, Royal Academy, winter exhibition 1891, no. 10 (lent by Lord Hillingdon);
- London, Leger Galleries, Exhibition of English Paintings, 1973, no. 8.
- Humphrey Ward and William Roberts, Romney, 1904, p. 38.
Private collection, USA