A sportsman, possibly Rowlandson, with hounds setting out from Hengar House, Cornwall
Animal Magnetism – the Centre of Attention
- Pen and ink and watercolour
- 15 3/16 × 11 ½ inches · 385 × 293 mm
- Inscribed: ‘Animal Magnetism. The Centre of attention’
Drawn circa 1790
- Thomas Capron, Arundel House, Richmond, by 1880;
- Private collection, UK, to 2006;
- Private collection, UK, 2014.
- London, Lowell Libson Ltd, Beauty and the Beast: A loan exhibition of Rowlandson’s works from British private collections, 2007, no. 16.
- Joseph Grego, Rowlandson the Caricaturist, 1880, vol. II, p. 426.
Private collection, UK